Saturday, April 28, 2012

DIY Leather Paper Lunch Bag // INSPIRATION

I always love it when I see totally DIYable stuff instantly on the runway. These bags from Jil Sander fw 2012 are super easy to make!

 

Supplies:
- a throw away paper bag (for a pattern to follow)
- scissors or knife
- something to draw with
- something to take fabric from. I suggest a big purse or a skirt. I also suggest a thin leather/pleather for the material so it's waterproof.
-iron to make the creases in the fabric so it folds like a paper bag
- sewing machine and thread
or
- hand sewing needles and thread
or
- a really strong adhesive


Directions:
1. take apart the paper bag for the pattern carefully.

2. take apart your purse or w/e you are using to get a flat yardage to trace this pattern from.

3. lay the paper bag over the wrong side of the fabric and trace around it. make sure to mark where the folds are. then cut out your bag. now would be the time to add things that are too

4. you can go about this step 2 ways. option a) if your fabric is thin enough and it can be creased, then just marking where the folds are so you can later press the fabric then glue it correctly is the way to go. option b) if your fabric is a little too thick and you want the creases to be nice and perfect, I would suggesting cutting each section out then sewing it back on. you can do this by hand or using a sewing machine.

5. finish your bag with either sewing or adhesive. add stuff to your bag to make it yours with paint or studs or whatever you wish to make it yours!



Image courtesy of Rodeo.

1 comment:

  1. It's been a while since the last time I came here, but I'm so happy to see that you are taking up new projects! I love the tutorial you did with the denim jacket, It must have been a hard work... I love the new design of your blog too, it looks much better! I promise to come along more often, and keep on diying! You do it really well :)

    xxx

    Sylvia
    www.daretodiy.com

    ReplyDelete

About Us

Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
Follow me on twitter! @KelseyLenae